November Beauty Favorites
Hi everyone! I’m so glad to finally be back to beauty blogging. Well, even blogging in general. I haven’t had the inclination to just sit down and pour out my thoughts on beauty products or anything at all.
Honestly I was too distracted the past few months due to personal stuff that piled up on top of the other. Thankfully, I’m almost out of the funk I’ve been in so let’s move on to a happier topic, yes? Makeup and skincare never fail to make me happy.
Today I’m going to share my beauty favorites for the past month. It’s a hodgepodge of beauty and skin care stuff that I’ve been using a whole lot lately. 🙂
Here they are:
Sorry I forgot to include the lipsticks in this photo! (oops!)
Bifesta Cleansing Lotion in Moist, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, MAC Lightful Marine Bright Moisturizer, Jack Black Lip Balm in Mango Mandarin and Happy Skin Cosmetics Eye Need A Miracle Concealer
1. Bifesta Cleansing Lotion – I love this stuff! It’s an affordable and much more effective version of Bioderma. I use this to remove my makeup every night! It’s a makeup remover, toner and cleanser all in one product so I don’t even have to wash my face afterwards! 🙂 I still use a toner though, just to make sure that I’m getting all the gunk out of my face.
Bifesta is available in Watsons and leading dept. stores for P410.00
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir – This stuff is so expensive and hard to find here in Manila, but I just la-la-love it to bits! I use this every morning before I moisturize and it’s a really good pick me upper. Oh wait. That makes it a necessity because I always feel lazy in the morning.
It has a fresh herbal scent and a minty cooling feel that makes my face tingle! Oh, did I mention that this product is all natural and organic?
Caudalie Beauty Elixir is available at Digital Traincase for P2250.00/100mL bottle
3. MAC Lightful Marine Bright Formula Moisturizer – This moisturizer is really light and non-sticky but very hydrating! I didn’t notice any brightening in my skin tone though. I’m not even sure if it’s supposed to be “brightening” but judging by the name, I guess it’s supposed to be. Nonetheless, I enjoy using this moisturizer. It has a really light fragrance and almost gel-like formula that is easily absorbed by the skin.
MAC Lightful Marine Bright Formula is available in all MAC Counters for approx. P2000.00
4. Jack Black Lip Balm – This has to be my all-time favorite lip balm ever! It works like magic! I use this everyday and it still takes me ages to finish an entire tube. I have the Mango Mandarin variant which smells amazing! I kind of want to eat it but it doesn’t taste like anything (yeah I tried! lol) so I stick to using it as a lip balm. It feels a bit heavy when you first apply it but that’s because it’s really thick and emollient, plus it has SPF 25. I like to use this when I go swimming or wakeboarding because it’s waterproof and it stays on for hours even when I’m in the water.
Jack Black lipbalm is available at Carefreeshopper.ph for approx. P500.00
5. Happy Skin Cosmetics Eye Need A Miracle Concealer – Technically this is more of a makeup than skin care but the entire makeup line from Happy Skin is supposed to have skin care properties as well.
Anyhoo, I really adore this concealer! It keeps my under eye circles concealed, it doesn’t crease or slip around but it also hydrates my under eye area. It is a miracle alright! This is one of the best concealers I’ve ever used in my life. I am looking forward to trying more products from this line soon.
Happy Skin Eye Need A Miracle Concealer is available in Beauty Bar and Plains and Prints stores for P699.00
Max Factor Xperience Foundation in Dark Gypsum, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Beige Ivory, Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder, NYX Powder Blush in Taupe, Bobbi Brown Lip and Cheek Pot Rouge in Powder Pink, Elf Baked Blush in Passion Pink
1. Max Factor Xperience Foundation – I don’t usually use this foundation because it’s my “tanned” foundation. I like to use it during the summer when I’m darker than usual. The formula is really light and hydrating so it blends into the skin well. I got tanner just over a month ago when I started wakeboarding so I mix this with my BB cream or foundation so it won’t be too light.
Max Factor Xperience Foundation is available in Watsons and Dept. stores for approx. P800.00
2. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation – I confess. I’ve had this for a while now but I haven’t even plowed through half of it because don’t use foundation a lot. I really prefer BB creams, but my skin has been a little cray cray lately so I need something with a heavier coverage just to even out my skin tone. The formula of this foundation is thick and creamy but it doesn’t dry out my skin, which is why I really like it. It has a luminous finish as well, which racks up points in my book because I prefer a dewy finish for my makeup base.
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is available at Rustans for approx. P2500.00 each
3. Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder – Do I really need to rave about this loose powder? I’m pretty sure you’ve all heard about this popular product by now. I was skeptical at first, seeing as it looked a tad too yellow in the bottle. I use it sparingly so it won’t build up on my face. I suggest using a sifter for this powder because the bottle is crappy at dispensing powder. I use a powder brush to dab it on my face ( I use dabbing motions because it won’t displace your concealer or foundation and it also keeps the powder from clinging to dry patches on your face). Try not to layer this if you have light skin tone or you will look a little too yellow. Or try the lighter shades like Buff or Cameo.
So far though, I really enjoy using this powder. It’s very light on the skin and it sets my makeup base well. I have dry skin so instead of touching up, I use a face mist to reset my makeup. This powder works so well that I don’t need to retouch all day! (That’s usually a 12-hour work day) Amaze-balls right?
Ben Nye Banana Powder (3 0z) is available in a lot of online shops for 950 – 1050 pesos. You can also order from me for P900.00 for the 3.0 oz bottle! Just leave a comment below 🙂
4. NYX Powder Blush in Taupe – This is magic! Once you try a taupe based contour product, you will never go back to using bronzers! I got the idea of using a taupe blush as a bronzer from a makeup tutorial by the Pixiwoo sisters. Sam used a discontinued MAC blush to contour and it looked so gorgeous.
The difference between using a taupe powder and bronzer to contour is that bronzers do not look natural because of the warm undertone. Taupe contour powders on the other hand look just like the shadows on our face when the light hits it.
I bought this on a whim from Digital Traincase in the beauty fair 2 months ago. This blush/contour powder made me see the magic of contouring.
NYX Powder Blush in Taupe is available at Digital Traincase for p300.00
5. Bobbi Brown Lip and Cheek Pot Rouge in Powder Pink – Another product that I’ve had for a while. I don’t really like pink so I rarely use this either as a blush or a lip product. I was going through a cream blush phase the past few months and dug this out of my stash. It’s not as pale as it looks in the pot. It appears almost mauve-ish when used as a blush. Since it’s been with me for a while, I figured I should keep on using it anyway. I actually ended up liking it. I put this on before I apply my makeup base and it just gives a really nice pale pink yet rosy look. It’s the perfect blush shade for when I’m inclined to wear really dark or bright lipsticks, which I often am.
Available at Bobbi Brown Stores for P1500.00
6. ELF Baked Blush in Passion Pink – I’ve had this for about 6 months now and I’ve been using it on and off for about 2 months and it still looks new. This is a warm pink blush that is so shimmery it’s almost frosty. I look to use this on top of my cream blush because it’s very glow-y. It’s like a blush and highlighter in one. 🙂
Available at The Vanity Zone for P200.00 each
MAC Quad in Spice Chocolate (Top L-R Nano Gold, Brash || Bottom L-R Sweet Chestnut, Spiced Chocolate)
I have been reaching for this quad a lot lately because the colors are just perfect for Fall and the Holiday season. The Sweet Chestnut shade can be a bit problematic. It can be dry and patchy when you’re blending it so you need to go really light and gradually build the color to the intensity that you’re going for. Otherwise, all the other colors are easy to work with and have little to no fallout.
This was a gift so I’m not quite sure if the shades are still available or not. Individual eyeshadows are available at all MAC counters at approx. P800.00 – P1000.00 each.
Maybelline The False Lash Mascara in Blackest Black Waterproof, K-Palette Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Jet Black , The Face Shop Color My Eye Brow in Gray Brown , Wet’n’Wild Ultimate Eyebrow Kit
1. Maybelline The False Lash Mascara – My favorite mascara everrrr. I’ve used tons of mascaras, even high end ones, but nothing keeps my stubborn lashes curled like this mascara does. This is the Thai version of the Maybelline The Falsies. They’re not quite the same, but the Philippine version works just fine too.
Available in all Maybelline Counters for P499.00. This was around 250.00 Baht.
2. K-Palette Liquid Eyeliner – This eyeliner is so easy to use and it’s spoiled me so much I hardly every use my gel liners anymore. :)) It stays on all day without smudging but it’s easy to correct if you make any mistakes. 🙂
Available at Beauty Bar for P795.00 each
3. The Face Shop Color My Brow – I love this brow tint! It’s the perfect shade for me and it lightens my eyebrows so I don’t have to use a really dark powder when filling in my eyebrows.
Available at The Face Shop stores for P395.00
4. Wet’n’wild Ultimate Eyebrow Kit – I got this kit as a gift about a year ago and I didn’t like it when I first tried it. The powder was really soft and crumbly, so if you’re not used to it, you might apply too much. Eventually I got the hang of it and I’ve been using it every single day without fail. I could sing praises about this brow powder all day. haha! This is so inexpensive but the quality is at par (if not better) with high-end eyebrow powders. It takes forever to use this up too! I’ve been using this one for more than 6 months and I’m just starting to hit pan on the light brown shade.
It also comes with a small brush and tweezer, but I misplaced them so they’re not in the photo.
Available at Purebeauty and Wet’n’Wild kiosks for P399.00
Ever Bilena Grip Lash Curler
This is one of my best finds from local beauty brands! I’ve had this lash curler for over a year now, and I still favor this over a couple of more expensive lash curlers that I’ve used. It fits my eye shape perfectly and it really curls my stubbornly straight lashes.
I still use my heated lash curler but this is something I always reach for when I’m pressed for time.
Available in all Ever Bilena counters for P95.00
When it comes to lipsticks, I favor really bright or really dark shades.
These are some of the recent additions to my MAC Lipstick collection and I just love these shades for the Holiday season!
Riri Woo – This limited edition lipstick is very matte and is a screaming bright red with blue undertones. This is so bright it’s almost glowing, but it is offset by the retro matte finish. This has to be, hands down, my favorite red lipstick of all time. I’m so glad my cousin got me another tube and it will be arriving soon! ❤
Riri Woo is my go to lipstick for the times when I’m too lazy to put on eyeshadow. It more than compensates for the lack of color on my lids.
I got this at @makeupbuffetph for P800.00
Fixed on Drama – This is an impromptu purchase. It’s the perfect matte brownish red lipstick that seems to have walked out of the 1920’s, and I just had to have it! This is similar to Diva, but it is much darker and less red.
This is already sold out but I got this from @makeupbuffet as well for P900.00
Heroine – Ah, my kryptonite. If I were to tell you how many purple lipsticks I bought in lieu of this and how long I hoped and waited for it to be repromoted, we could be here for weeks!
I just LOVE this purple lipstick so much. It’s the perfect magenta-ish violet and I am obsessed with this. So obsessed that if you ask me what lipstick I’d like to wear permanently, it would be this! haha! Yeah, I love it that much!
Diva – If Riri Woo and Fixed on Drama were to get married and have lipstick babies, those babies would be Diva lipsticks. This lipstick is the perfect hit between brown and red, though it seems red is more dominant.
Swipe on this color if you’re wearing taupe based eyeshadow shades. It will make you look elegant and classy.
Available at @makeupbuffetph for P800.00
NYX Lipliners in Purple Rain and Deep Red
If you have favorite lipsticks, you gotta have lipliners to go under those. I like to use Deep Red whenever I’m wearing Diva, Fixed on Drama and Riri Woo. Purple Rain for when I’m using Heroine. Now that sounded wrong, but you know what kind of heroine I’m talking about.
Available at Love Manila for P100.00 each.
LA Colors matte lipstick in Taupe Envy
This is a last minute addendum to my favorites because I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. This is a my lips but better shade that leans more towards brown. I use this whenever I’m too lazy to choose another lip color because it’s just so comfortable to wear. It doesn’t bleed and it doesn’t dry out my lips. It’s not totally matte either but it is pretty good despite the lousy packaging.
Available at the Landmark and Purebeauty stores for P95.00 each.
That concludes my favorites for the month of November! I know this was pretty late, but hey, better late than never right?
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post, because it was really fun putting it together and including mini reviews in between. 🙂
Until my next post!