I wasn’t feeling wellyesterday, so instead of wearing jeans, heels and tribal print jacket as I planned to, I dressed in oversized men’s button down shirt and jean shorts plus my new flats.
Button Down : Brooks Brothers || Striped Top : Forever 21 || Shorts : Cache Cache|| Belt : Primark || Flats : Trunk Show || Accessories : Random || Tote : from Austria || Eyeglasses : Mike Nuosl
I ended up with a grunge look, which was appropriate enough for a day spent running errands. I had to go to the Techno Marine store in Trinoma to have the battery of my watch replaced then to Makati to pop in to some shops before meeting with some friends to watch their gig. Supposedly. The bar had some problems and they ended up rescheduling the production. Oh well.
I realized that when you’re going for a grunge look, it’s best to mix low-key pieces and aim for a laid back look. So I just used my statement tote bag again and piled on some quirky necklaces. I don’t have a close up shot though, so I’ll just describe them for you. The gold one is an acrylic pendant which is a miniature or those sign on CR doors for women. :)) the other is my Marine dogtag, while the pink one is a guitar pick necklace that my good friend Migz made for me. 🙂
Another photo. Just because I don’t want you to think I’m a midget. HAHA! I look taller in this photo. I always look smaller than my actual height in full-frontal shots. Why is why I make it a point to always shoot a photo with me posing sideways even though it isn’t the best angle for outfit photos. Just as an add-on, and to console myself for looking like a midget. LOL!
Wearing flats doesn’t help much either. :))
But I love these Top-Sider inspired flats anyway.
Just in case you’re wondering what a photo of my mug is doing here, it’s also part of my New Year Blogging resolution. Including a Face of the Day photo because of my growing fascination with make up. 🙂 I don’t wear much on my lazy days, like yesterday, because my standard make up routine consists of 6 steps only. Namely:
1. Prepping my face. I spray a little Caudalie Beauty Elixir to tighten my pores.
2. Moisturize. I use Olay Total Effects or Sheer Cover Nourishing Moisturizer with SPF.
3. Mild Coverage. I apply a thin coat of my favorite BB cream, Tony Moly’s Expert Triple BB Cream with SPF 45+++.
4. Blush. I always ALWAYS apply blush on because I look pale without it. Sometime I use powder blush over cream blush but most of the time I just use one. My Favorites are Bobbi Brown’s Lip and Cheek Rouge in Powder Pink 6, Lancome Powder blush in Pose Bois, KIKO Soft Touch Blush 104, Clinique 02 Honey Blush, and for local brands, Ever Bilena Mousse Blush-on in Dusty Mauve. It all depends on which one I feel like using. 🙂
5. Powder. I dust a bit of powder all over my face to get rid of unwanted shimmer here and there. I use Revlon and Ever Bilena loose powders. I’m too lazy to check the names. :))
6. Lip gloss or Lip balm. Sometimes I use lipstick. “Sometimes” being the operative word. I use lip gloss most of the time since it’s easier to use and I don’t have to worry about smudging it.
If I’m in the mood, I also use concealer (hello eternally huge eyebags!), eyeliner, highlighter, etc. Will reserve the details on a post dedicated for make up.
I do hope I didn’t bore you to death. I’m becoming more and more talkative everyday. Haha! Must be because I’m still a bum and I have nothing better to do. 😛
In a completely unrelated note, I was so bored with my playlists earlier so I started googling some music videos and I remembered this cover by Mr. Bones and The Boneyard Circus with Nicole of General Luna.
It’s a cover of Phantom of the Opera and it’s one of my favorite performances by Mr. Bones and The Boneyard Circus. 🙂
I’m not sure if any of you like this type of music, but I think it’s something worth sharing. I find underground and Indie bands better than the ones in the mainstream, especially for OPM songs.
*Okay, enough fan girl-ing for the day*